- How to protect your home computer, data, and family from viruses, phishing, identity theft, spyware, and email
- Security products
- Improve security and control of your desktop PC
- Internet Security, PC Security, Anti-Virus, Firewall, Web Filters
1. Convert FAT (FAT32) to NTFS: NTFS can protect your data better than FAT (FAT32).
convert [volume] /fs:ntfs [/v] [/cvtarea:FileName] [/nosecurity] [/x]
convert c: /fs:ntfs
2. Protecting against viruses
Your PC must Install an antivirus tool (include antispyware is better).
Remember to config it can Automatic update.
3. Always Update all PC's Softwares PC not only Windows !
Turn on Auto Update for Windows:
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Automatic updates > Click to "Download updates for me..."
4. Turn off "System restore"
Right mouse to "My Computer" > Properties > Click to TAB "System restore" > Select "Turn off System restore on all drives"
5. Disable Remote Desktop
Right mouse to "My Computer" > Properties > Click to TAB "Remote" > Uncheck "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer"
6. Turn on Firewall
Start > Settings > Control panel > Windows Firewall > Click to "On"
7. Don't share a lot data, Turn off hidden sharing
8. Require press Ctrl+Alt+Del before logging on
- Set a strong password for your PC (longer 8 characters, include numbers and words...).
- Make windows must press Ctrl+Alt+Del before logging on.
9. Protect your Connection
Control Panel > Network Connections > Double click to "Local Area Network" > Properties > Click to TAB "Advanced" > Uncheck "Allow other network users..."
Do the same as your Blutooth and Wireless ...
10. Config DNS
Control Panel > Network Connections > Double click to "Local Area Network" > Properties > Double click to "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" > "Use the following DNS..." > Type 188.8.131.52